MONSTER ENERGY BOARDERSTYLE TOUR 2018
Entering its 8th year, Monster Energy Boarderstyle has gone from being an experimental event to a legitimate tour poised to make its greatest impression to date. With four event stops and $50,000 in prize money, the one-of-a-kind snowboard contest conceptualized by Monster Energy Canada is charging through British Columbia.
The tour kicks off at Fernie Alpine Resort, March 16th & 17th; followed by Silver Star Mountain Resort, March 30th & 31st and Mount Washington Alpine Resort, April 6th & 7th. The World finals are held in the Bethlehem of Boarderstyle, Whistler Blackcomb, April 13th & 14th.
Every stop of the Monster Energy Boarderstyle Tour is free to enter and open to all competent riding abilities. The snowboard-only event consists of a Men’s and Women’s open category. On top of cash prizing, the winners of the Fernie, Silver Star and Mount Washington events will receive invites (including transportation and accommodation) to compete in the final event at Whistler Blackcomb.
Watching the chaos or competing in it is only half the fun. Monster Energy won’t just show up, they’ll bring the party. Each Boarderstyle stop guarantees a legendary after party. Monster DJ’s will keep the party lit till there’s nothing left in the tank. Don’t be caught on the outside looking in, make sure you attend the Monster Energy Boarderstyle Tour 2018!
WHAT IS BOARDERSTYLE?
Boarderstyle: [also see: fast-freestyle] A hybrid boardercross, slopestyle, obstacle course race where 4 riders run the gauntlet simultaneously. A table-top jump awaits racers at the finish line. On this feature, it is mandatory to perform a full rotation trick (360 spin, flip, or greater). Riders will place in the order they cross the finish line. UNLESS! The rider placing behind performed a superior trick. Judged on difficulty, style, and execution. Judges then have the power to reverse the placing order of the riders in contention. Dreams can be shattered, glory can be stolen.
A tournament style bracket system has the top 2 placing riders from each round advancing onto the next until there is a 4 rider final race for the prize money.
What to expect: A unique course for each stop consisting of jibs, jumps, berms, rollers, pond-skims, spines, step-ups, DJ’s, high energy and great times.
MEN'S 18+ | 1st Place ($3,000), 2nd Place ($1,000), 3rd Place ($600), 4th Place ($400)
WOMEN'S 18+ | 1st Place ($3,000), 2nd Place ($1,000), 3rd Place ($600), 4th Place ($400)
*World Finals | 1st Place ($6,000), 2nd Place ($2,000), 3rd Place ($1,200), 4th Place ($800)
Schedule of Event
- FRIDAY April 6th - BOARDERSTYLE QUALIFIERS
- 9:00 am – 11:30 am - REGISTRATION - (Regristration area TBD)
- 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm – ATHLETE MEETING/COURSE INSPECTION/TRAINING (START OF COURSE - ATHLETES ONLY)
- 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm – QUALIFIER RUNS (2 TIMED RUNS MAX)
- SATURDAY April 7th - BOARDERSTYLE FINALS
- 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm ATHLETE MEETING AT START – CONFIRM ALL ATHLETES PRESENT (athlete meeting/training for final 32 men and 16 women at Start)
- 1:45 pm – FINAL ATHLETE MEETING (Start) / Bibs and Brackets Ready
- 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm - BOARDERSTYLE FINALS START - Heats of 4, Bibs, Brackets, Judges, MC’s, Flags
- 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm – Event Finish
- AWARDS IN FINISH AREA (RIGHT AFTER FINAL RACE)
- After Party in Ted's Bar & Grill at 8:30 pm
Click here to register for this event