WHAT IS THE REFUNDABLE PASS OPTION?
- Medical reasons - An Injury or illness which prevents use of the underlying pass for the duration of the season in which it is valid. The refund is not applicable to an interim injury or illness
- Employment transfer – A transfer by the pass holder’s current employer requiring a change of residence off Vancouver Island and surrounding Islands. The refund is not applicable when voluntarily leaving the area for work or travel
- A related pass holder is a applying for a refund – If one member of a family discount group is eligible for a refund, the other members of that family discount group are also eligible, provided each applicant also purchased the refundable pass option
Terms and Conditions:. In this Subject to the refund schedule, Mount Washington Resort will refund the Refundable Pass Passholder based on the following terms and conditions:
- The refundable pass option must be purchased concurrent with the purchase of the underlying pass.
- The refundable pass option does not apply to snow conditions or any varibles other than those listed above
- The refundable premium is not, in itself, refundable
- Mount Washington Resort must be notified in writing, and ski pass surrendered within 15 days of the illness, injury or transfer
- If, for any reason, the underlying pass is used after the date of the illness, injury or transfer, no refund will be issued
- This refund option does not cover injury caused or contributed to by intentional self-injury, emotional disorders, pre-existing conditions unless the pass holder is hospitalized, or because of an injury or illness that does not prevent the pass holder from participating in the activity related to the underlying pass
- Where the person applying for the refund is part of a family, the cost for the remaining family will be recalculated to reflect the revised family discount, with the refund being applied to the difference between the original sale and the revised sale
Under no circumstances will a refund or credit be given if the refundable pass option is not purchased
The following is a schedule of the portion of the original cost of the pass which is eligible for refund
- Until the Season Opening - 100% of cost of the Season Pass refunded (minus a $50 admin fee)
- Opening up to and including Dec. 19, 2014 – 80% of cost of the Season Pass refunded
- Dec. 20, 2014 up to and including Feb.1, 2015 – 60% of cost of the Season Pass refunded
- Feb. 2, 2015 up to and including Mar. 1, 2015 – 40% of cost of the Season Pass refunded
- After March 2, 2015 – No refund
When presenting your claim please provide the following:
Covering letter of explanation
Your Season Pass
Medical certificate providing: (a) date of first medical treatment and (b) prognosis, including a statement that the Passholder is unable to ski/snowboard and how long the illness or injury will prevent participation.
In the event of a job transfer, please provide letter from employer specifying date, length and location of transfer.
Requesting a Refund:
Present your request in writing to:
Mount Washington Alpine Resort.
Attn: Season Pass Refund
PO Box 3069,Stn Main
Courtenay, BC, V9N 5M3