ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Mount Washington Alpine Resort and its staff are committed to responsible environmental management practices. These practices are to achieve balance between the operation and development of our resort and the sustainability of our natural environment. To fulfill this commitment with respect to our natural surroundings, we will ensure that proper consideration is given to the care and protection of our flora, land, water, air, wildlife, heritage and our aesthetic architecture and landscape by:
- Increase our knowledge of environmental best practices
- Restore and enhance native vegetation
- Set objectives and targets and work to fulfill a program for implementation
ESTABLISHMENT OF SUPERIOR STANDARDS
- Meet all regulations with a goal to exceed these regulations.
- Initiate risk management procedures and response capacity.
- Promote environmental awareness amongst resort staff and our contractors.
- Reduce waste by actively encouraging Recycling, Reuse and Reduce philosophies.
- Incorporate environmental provisions into all of our planning and standard operating procedures.
- Consult and involve the community.
- Publish our objectives and targets and report on our environmental performance.
- Mount Washington Alpine Resort Environmental Committee