Discover Skiing - First Time Skier
Designed for as an introductory skiing program for first time tots. Taught on green terrain or Easy Acres.
- Welcome to the Sport of Skiing!
- First time skier who has never skied before.
- GOAL To consistently snowplow stop
Discover Snowboarding - First Time Rider
First Time Rider – Welcome to the Sport of Snowboarding!
- First time snowboarder.
- Never ever ridden before
- GOAL Side slipping on your toe or heel edge.
Bears - Skiing Level OneBeginner Skier – Skis Green Terrain in Easy Acres
- Ride the magic carpet.
- Shows a balanced stance in a straight run
- GOAL Can snowplow stop on their own.
Groms - Snowboard Level OneBeginner Rider – Rides Green Terrain in Easy Acres Terrain
- Has ridden once before
- Can side slip easily with direction across on the easiest of Green runs
- GOAL To be able to link toe and heel edge turns.
Marmots - Skiing Level TwoNovice Skier – Skis Green and Blue Terrain in Easy Acres and off the Hawk Chair
- Can turn left or right snowplow turns on gentle terrain
- Familiar with riding all magic carpets
- GOAL Snowplow stop and controlled snowplow turns on their own.
Sliders - Snowboard Level TwoNovice Rider – Rides Green and Blue terrain in Easy Acres and the Hawk Chair
- Can confidently link turns on all Green runs.
- GOAL To be able to confidently ride on all Blue runs while linking turns. Experiment with the Beginner Park.
Coyotes - Skiing Level ThreeIntermediate Skier – Skis Blue Terrain on the Hawk and Whiskey Chair
- Balanced over turning ski
- Parallel turns on all Green runs
- Snowplow with some parallel turns on Blue runs
- GOAL To be parallel skiing on all Blue runs on Hawk and Whiskey Jack Chair runs.
Shredders - Snowboard Level ThreeIntermediate Rider – Rides Blue Terrain on the Hawk and Whiskey Jack Chair
- Can do fluid linked turns on Blue runs at moderate speeds
- Consolidating skills
- GOAL To get more performance from the board while exploring more challenging terrain. To learn basic
freestyle mechanics. Become comfortable in the Beginner Park.
Eagles - Skiing Level FourAdvanced Skier – Skis Blue/Black Terrain on the Eagle and Sunrise Chair
- Show a variety of turn sizes
- Confident on diverse terrain and skis parallel
- Displays edging skills on Blue runs.
- Link turns in the bumps.
- GOAL Linking turns in the bumps, explore the Green Park and pole planting.
Free-Riders - Snowboard Level FourAdvanced Rider – Rides Blue and Black Terrain on Eagle and Sunrise Chair.
- Aggressive riding on all Blue runs
- Consolidating and refining skills
- Explore steeper and varied terrain
- GOAL To ride switch on Blue terrain. Venture into Advanced Park, moguls and challenging terrain.
Please note: These levels are for childrens programs, ages 4-6